Friday, August 31, 2007

Day #6 - 31 August 2007 - HAPPY MERDEKA DAY

The clock struck midnight while we were in air. A few of us shouted 'Merdeka' in a subdued voice but it was clear that the Merdeka celebration mood was missing on the plane. For myself, I knew I was missing out on many opportunities in KL but it's my first time to Perth. So, I'll be thankful..about the entire thing.













It was nearly 1am when the plane arrived at Perth. I got off the plane and proceeded to the Baggage Collection area to collect my luggages. Phew, ISP got through fine and was waiting for me to collect them at Oversize Baggage Collection area.
Ironically, my luggage went missing and caused me a great deal of worry. We reported that to the Baggage area attendant there who then ran a search for it on the system. It showed 'None detected'! I was like how can it NOT show anything? Did it even leave Malaysia or someone accidentally grabbed my Victorinox suitcase?


I was given an overnight bag by Qantas to make up for it. At least I have a thin huge white tshirt and white shorts from Qantas as well as a few travel sized Neutrogenas. No compensation as the luggage had to be reported lost for 48 hours! What...is ...that...policy...about...*Groan* And they expect me to run around Perth in that thin white tshirt and shorts. It was slightly cooler than Genting during the day and a lot more in the night.



I had a bad and short sleep that night as we had to wake up 4 hours later for breakfast and group gathering. My mood on the first day in Perth was kind of ruined by the missing luggage bag as I was worried about it throughout the day. We had fish and chips as lunch at Cicerellos and we went to Fremantle Market for 1.5 hours. There was this magnet shop which had soooo many magnets. If you're wondering why I'm impressed, that's because I collect magnets as souvenirs for my own collection. Every country I visit, I'll get a magnet.


After Fremantle Market, we made a rushed stop at King's Park but it was really lovely over there. We squeezed in a few shots and didn't even stay till sunset.
After that, we went to Joy Garden to have our dinner. Check out the size of the snow crabs! However, we didn't get to eat that. Haha, I guess it was out of the tour's budget! And yea, I was still wearing the Unity Band over there.
After dinner, we walked around since it was free and easy. We managed to find our way to the Longbridge area and do some shopping before they closed at 9pm since it was a Friday. Normally their closing hours was earlier on other days of the week. We visited Bell Tower at night as well as the Big Ben-look alike building along George's Street (one of the main streets) there. There was a circus set up nearby as well. We didn't get to watch the circus performance but according to my Perth friend, Pei-Pei, it was really good in terms of costumes and showmanship.
Qantas recovered my luggage this evening and sent it to my hotel. I survived 1 day without my luggage!



We all went for a midnight bite at McDonald's including ISP.


Haha, no, this pic wasn't taken in McDs.

1 comment:

noonehome said...

thought i should kacau yours as well

hahahaha

and yes i am spreading the word

I HEAR YOU SISTER!!!!

they actually had a human barricade blocking us out of MATTA FAIR,did you actually go in with the ISP into the fair?the MIFC official came up to us and was dissing away at us even though he KNEW we came from mixfm and told us to leave the premises immediately.we saw another ISP carrier going there but did not really see if she went in.was probably ann

i did go to the RHB bonanza thing the day before but i was practically ignored by the RHB workers...

even though we are to shamelessly publicize ourselves that DOES NOT MEAN WE ARE VERMIN