Sunday, September 2, 2007

Day #8 - 2 September 2007

Today's gone by fairly quickly. For my flight, we had to check out of the hotel by 8.30am. Needless to say, everyone was taking pics and all outside before getting on the bus to get to the airport!



Then of course, at the airport, more pics. The Perth airport officials didn't say much. I guess they've seen all the weird stuff already!




We got on 2 planes, Qantas and Japan Airlines. I managed to watch 'Fracture' on the journey back. It was pretty good, really. I hadn't been induced into sleep by Ryan Gosling (cute) and Anthony Hopkins (master at acting those creepy murderer-genius! I'll never forget Hannibal 1&2 and I'm still mustering the courage to watch no 3...). After 'Fracture', I watched this French movie 'Priceless' which I didn't get to watch at our local cinemas. I'm gonna look for this movie when it's released on DVD as I didn't get to finish it. It kinda reminded me of 'Breakfast at Tiffany's'. Really humorous esp the main leads! I'd recommend these 2 movies to anyone who likes a good movie.




I had a long transit at Changi Airport. Basically, we just walked around, tried the free Ogawa Big Foot massage sessions, checked email/surf FOC, walked somemore and managed to see the stage setup for the Heroes Meet and Greet Fans session! Too bad, the Heroes cast left before we got there else there would be press coverage!! Anyhow, I managed to squeeze a call to Joyce, my highschool buddiegal on the phonebooths which offered free local calls. Hehehe. Nice catching up with you, Joyce. After that, we got onto Japan Airlines, my first time on this airline and it's quite a pleasant ride apart from the fact that I got the 'pain in ear' feeling which I got the last time I rode on Ryanair (an European budget airline which flies inter-countries). It must be caused by the smaller dimensions of the plane. Anyhow, there were some things I noticed which sets it different from other airlines. For once, they serve drinks in packeted carton form and the straws are extensible. On other airlines, mostly are premixed or out of cans. Apart from that, the plane actually shows live footage of how it'll look if you're at the plane's rear. So, when taking off and landing, it looks pretty good ie. lights growing smaller/bigger. Also, another timing glitch: if we landed an hour later, we could have witness the finals of the Malaysian International Fireworks Competition from the skies before we landed! The inhouse shopping guide in the JAL plane also was thicker than normal and they really do sell highend stuff- think Hermes, Burberry and Chanel bags in air. Haha, it contained mattresses and home furniture as well. I've forgotten most of my Japanese hence I didn't quite understand how/why are they selling those in air... Japan....will always remain Japan ;) Even in air..



We landed at 9pm and the fireworks were due to end at 10pm.I was thankful my luggage didn't get lost this time. Really, literally my heart was beating rapidly when waiting at the luggage retrieval belts. My tour guide was happy as well until he hugged ISP.



Needless to say, it was slightly crowded on the roads when we went back home. Initially, we had plans to go the opposite direction (towards Sepang) to watch the fireworks but after much debates, we wouldn't get there on time and probably will not see anything being stuck in jam on the roads. As we headed back to KL in a moving crawl, the road across us were in a dead stop. I hope you get my meaning. Haha.



We got back home around 10.30pm and had a rather late dinner consisted of heated- up BBQ leftover which I missed a few days earlier. But it was yummy.. and home sweet home after that! Zzzzz... slept like a piggy! ISP really looks wartorn and it's barely 2 weeks...


No comments: