Thursday, September 6, 2007

Day #12 - 6 September 2007 - bad publicity time!


As mentioned yesterday, I went to RHB press conference in One Utama today as they were launching their Bonanza Craze (Jaclyn Victor and a band member of OAG were there- I circled Jaclyn who was on stage when I was busy walking around asking the RHB customers there to take pics to get the moolah towards the back area of that fair) and the group comm team staff actually CHASED ME OUT saying that I shouldn't be sticking close by to the press there etc etc. She clearly knew what I was involved in and what was the objective of this contest I'm in. I am quite pissed off now as I don't see why we cannot do that!! a) RHB is sponsoring us b) we're tirelessly outdoing ourselves trying to get the publicity c) getting chased and being treated rudely is NOT the way to go! I'm planning to write a letter of complaint and publish it to the press!

That aside, I managed to get some pics for my own record and for this blog. The sales RHB staff were sweet and polite, nevertheless. And the press members (NST,Star Business, Borneo Post, Nanyang, China Press, The Edge, they were all there) were curious about my plight there..I could have emailed them about them and appeal but now, I don't feel like doing it. I'm more keen on writing about what happened...sponsors...they call themselves...

When the entire thing was over (it only lasted say 30 minutes? talk about press conference... and Jaclyn/OAG didn't perform as well), Joanne and Ira (another 2 contestants) came by. We managed to take pics together. It's a rare moment, 3 ISPs together! And 2 lucky spotters managed to get us all together! Vernicer (search http://www.deviantart.com/ with the term: by:passionheart and her photo gallery is there), a budding photographer helped us take some of the pics below. Thanks loads Vernicer! BTW, your handwriting really looks like my sis'! Seriously...
And yes, I'm still upset..I left a few voicemails for Season (project manager of this competition) and Ramesh Nair (MixFM's programme manager) whose nos were given to me after I called a MixFM DJ up about my horrid experience. Needless to say, they hadn't gotten back to me...

I had loads of press at arms length and RHB group communication team staff actually CHASED ME away. I saw another ISP carrier who was around but he didn't stand throughout the entire event. If you guys saw the papers, there were pics taken infront of the Bufori..I was behind the guy in suit on the right.

Oh yea, I added tanglungs for ISP but Pietro's kept falling off. I guess he didn't really like it. =)

I brought ISP to Santini KLCC for happy hour drinks after 7pm and sat there with my excolleagues eating our rice paella and having many pints for 2 hours plus..no spotters. Upset till I chose not to take pics that evening.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hey..you spelled her name wrongly la. It's jaclyn. :P anyways.. what are those tiny words u put on the pics..need microscope to read leh..haha

Ivory said...

Ok ok, corrected. Apologies to you and Jaclyn...thanks!