Saturday, September 8, 2007

Day #14 - 8 September 2007

As said, I was up early and in Berjaya Times Square by 8am to support my two childhood friends, Joanne and Alvin who were planning to audition for 'One in a Million'. In case you didn't know what it was, it's similar to American/Malaysian Idol which was recorded by 8tv, a local tv station and no, it's not part of Astro either...

So, Joanne brought ISP there and since I arrived so early and no one knew exactly where the venue was, I left ISP in the car as I went around looking for the venue. Turns out it's on 6th floor and there was a tiny crowd say less than 20 ppl when I arrived at the place. Everyone was holding pieces of white paper which I assumed were song lyrics to practise with but I was empty handed. Turned out they were registration forms which I had no idea needed to be printed earlier as well. I kept waving an 8tv crew away who asked me for my registration form, saying I was just a supporter.

Alvin arrived not long after that followed by Joanne. People started forming their own lines at that point of time as there were no instructions but to 'just wait around'. There were suddenly 2 lines leading to the door leading the the auditioning area and Alvin/Joanne started their own queue. Haha. Typical Malaysians. Suddenly, this lady wearing an 8tv tshirt said..the queue should start from here -gesturing to one direction of one of the queues and all those from the other queue hurried to the existing queue. There were recording crew with huge equipments going around which DID go around recording (perhaps us too but I hadn't caught the news for the past hour or so) and finally, that lady walked over to us and told us to put ISP away as it was 8tv's area and ISP was promoting another broadcasting station. Hehe and I thought they wouldn't notice as we could be overshadowed by the buzz going around!We put ISP next to the railing by the side but note: we were not chased away! Thank goodness for that. Joanne was right infront of the rolling video camera recording and I managed to get her while she's walking in.
That's Alvin above in the queue beyond the door..haha..THE PURPLE DOOR. If I recall correctly, 8tv seems to use purple a lot on their channel. I can't be too sure, hadn't watched telly in a while now..that channel, especially.

Eventually Joanne/Alvin did not go through with it as they were told to surrender RM5 to have their pictures taken. Now, it was a small amount but really, there was no instructions saying that a picture has to be surrendered (that could have been prepared beforehand) and we had no idea when the waiting will be over. We made a count, if everyone paid RM5 and there could be thousands of contestants (by the time we walked away: around 10.30am plus, there was a long queue which stretched towards the other end of the floor), a huge contribution can be made towards the RM1 million contract which was the grand prize of this reality show!

So, we all walked away and had Mcdonalds Breakfast meals. Hehe, and had fun posing for silly shots after that with the giant M there.
It was barely 11.30am when we finished our breakfast. So, we decided to catch a movie. We decided on watching Knocked Up. It was a pretty hilarous and decent movie which didn't really get a lot from the scissors *if you know what I meant*. Put the movie on for above 18 yr old young adults and it'll serve as an eye opener!
I had a wedding dinner to attend at Berjaya Times Square so I was back there this evening sans ISP. Yeap, I decided not to bring it along as to make people around me less uncomfy...I was hinted to about that matter.

No comments: