Sunday, September 16, 2007

Day #21 - 15 September 2007

For the first half of today, I stayed at home. I wanted to catch more winks as I was really tired from the night before but my mom got some technicians over to fix up new air conditioning units. Hence, I was up since 8.30am to monitor the ongoing works.

My sister got up around noon so I left and had my facial in TTDI after a fairly long dormant period. The buka puasa foodfair went on when I was leaving the facial centre so I walked around and looked at all the food. Goodness, there were certainly a lot of food trading going on. I got myself laksa (different from the Penang laksa that I usually take) and headed directly to Joanne's place as we planned to attend the MCA concert (Malaysia Jiwa Dan SemangatKu concert - http://www.mca.org.my/English/InTheNews/Pages/MCAconcertforMerdeka.aspx). I got the free passes a few days ago in Midvalley Megamall.

Four of us headed towards Merdeka Square where the event was held at around 6.30pm and managed to get some pretty nice shots of the Tun Abdul Samad building there which was still brightly lit up by the lights put there for the Independence celebration at the end of last month. We had a picture with the lovely Celcom promoters as well. Hahaha, due to our attention-grabbing hairdo, one of the MCA guys noticed us and ushered us into the VIP area. We'd secured top seats in the VIP area. It was just 2 seats in front of the stage. There weren't any rows set up there but they put 2 chairs for us there, thinking we were the biggest fans over there.
Many approached us that night asking which fanclub we were from and who do we support. We said we were independent. Haha. There were many Chinese artiste performing that night as listed in the link above. I gotta admit Penny Tai performed well that night.She actually came down from the stage and infront of our seats and I practically just ran up to her with my board. Luckily, I hadn't knocked her with it but the cameras from the media were just flashing away.. could I have been caught on camera..? Keke. I particularly enjoyed Hacken Lee(pic below - in white) as well as Beyond’s Steve Wong Ka Keong(pic below- in black) with his band.



The guitarist really rocked the bass. Too bad Point Blanc did not turn up to perform. I was anticipating his songs which I'd heard before in his latest album: Straight to the Point. They're pretty good.We even got to meet the publicity director of MCA, Dato Liow Tiong Lui! We were bound to get some press on this, being where we were..and there were video and camera people going around! Ironically, tomorrow was the last day of this competition. So, whether or not our pictures come out are printed..in time, we had a great time!
We left around 12 am after getting more shots of the lovely fountain there and went to the famous beef noodle place with the cowhead at Jalan Alor for dinner. Yea, we starved again..... I got back home around 2am and hadn't slept till 4am to watch out for the 3am news on TV2. Yes, this competition had made me go more than beyond what I usually do! Unfortunately and surprisingly, there was no mention of the concert in the news!


ISP is all covered in mud towards the bottom. It can hardly even stand up by itself as the support at the back of ISP was in a really bad shape!

No comments: