Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Day #11 - 5 September 2007

Still undeterred, I pushed on. 10 days had passed and I know a lot of ISP carriers already had given up. After much contemplation and reflection on past experience, I chose to go to One U as the crowd there were more receptive and knowledgable about MixFM and the security there wasn't so uptight.
I went to Nail Parlour to get some nail polish which claims to prevent nail breakage for my mom (I'd promised to get her specifically that since she saw it on my Shape magazine and being consumers, we all fall for advertised products!). After that, I basically walked around just looking to be spotted. Hehe, a few spotted me which I'm happy! A pretty lady stopped me and asked for a picture as I was looking at the directory planning my route around. She said her 6-year old daughter listens to MixFM on the way to school everyday and she's excited about the whole ISP thing. How sweet! So- here we go- 'Li-Shern, your mom took this pic for you!' So, we took a picture together and I mentioned I will include her on my blog. MixFM, if you're reading this, part of your audience are 6 years old so please, be decent and set a good example!
Here's one at the Johnson Baby fair at the concourse, I did try to approach the bunch of kids with their parents and voiced my plight but they were shaking their heads (those kids..really) and didn't want to have their pics taken.

I continued my rounds around the New Wing and discovered RHB themselves were having a roadshow on their RHB Bonanza Craze. I managed to get some of the RHB sales staff who were lovely people to take a pic with me beside that box where customers can stand inside the 'cash tornado' and grab moolah! There wasn't much people around that area and I managed to get some guys who were LKW students (Sharjeel, Nicholas and Sean) nearby to spot me as well ie. cajoule into taking our pics to get moolah! To my surprise, only a handful out of the RHB sales staff I met there knew there were ISPs going around and what I was doing with ISP over there. However, one was kind enough to let me know that there would a press conference tomorrow with Jaclyn Victor (Malaysian Idol winnder) and OAG (a local rock band) and I should turn up to meet the objectives of this competition. I thanked her and said I'll be back tomorrow for that!
I went to the Old Wing to drop by the Taiwan Fastfood place which sells one of the best seasoned chicken in town: XXL Crispy Chicken (located near the TGV cinema entrance) minus all the flour and oil and MSG.. and another spotter approached me! Hehe, I had to cajoule her, Sue and her guy friend, Kar Meng into taking a pic with me as she just stood by to admire ISP. Of course, meeting all those spotters, I did provide advice on how to obtain the cash and all.
After that, I left One U as I had a movie date at Midvalley Megamall. Something funny happened at the junction outside One U (the major junction with traffic lights). Anyhow, while waiting for the light to turn red, I looked to my right and lo behold, I saw an Indian guy in the car and right next to him was a board resembling my ISP! I was so delighted that I started to honk repeatedly and I guess he heard me so he turned. I kept waving and pointing to my ISP lying behind me and then his. Haha. He wound down the window and we had a short talk between us. Ok, I wouldn't advise you guys to follow what I did..it's entirely stupid,crazy and dangerous. Only ISP carriers are entitled to do that...and honestly, I think we (the ISP carriers) lived up to that! He said his sister who was the actual ISP carrier was still in One U with the front portion of the board and he's just fetching the back portion back home. It was easier for her to carry just the front part. Haha...so ISP, you're being carried in halfform around town as well apart from being decorated, written on, carried on backs ie. The traffic lights turned green, we both yelled GOOD LUCK and both of us departed on our own ways.
I reached Midvalley Megamall and collected tickets which I purchased online to watch Ratatouille. I went to the arcade there for a short bit as my date wanted to play 'The King of Fighters' for a short bit. So, I happily paraded ISP there.Ratatouille (pronounced as Rat-a-tou-iee) was a delightful movie! Another movie to watch for you movie freaks out there! The food looks really surreal and I was marvelling at the technology behind it as well...every hair looked real on the rat and there was a water scene that you should watch out for...amazing! And Eiffel Tower looks amazing even on 2d animation and...very real. Before Ratatouille started, there was a short Pixar animation called 'Lifted' which I watched off youtube a few weeks back (my sis gave me the link). Just run a search on 'Pixar Lifted' on Youtube and you should be able to watch it as well. I didn't mind watching it again, it was quite funny. Despite having an argument with my date as he wasn't comfortable with bringing the ISP into the cinema and I eventually had to put ISP back into my car to avoid further conflict, the movie did lift my mood a little..and his as well. Yup, ISP carriers everywhere are facing emotional as well as physical damages. The bruises are coming back now but I hadn't captured any pictures as I was too sleepy by the time I got back home. People around me were getting irked by the fact that I'm carrying ISP everywhere I go and some aren't too comfortable with the whole idea...

No comments: